Allen Institute for AI open-sources AllenAct, a modular and flexible learning framework designed to focus on the unique requirements of Embodied-AI research. Allen Institute (AI2) is a non-profit institute whose mission is to contribute to humanity through high-impact AI research and engineering.
Embodied AI, the AI subdomain concerning systems that learn to complete tasks through environmental interactions, has experienced substantial growth. AllenAct provides support for a growing collection of embodied environments, tasks, and algorithms, offers reproductions for state-of-the-art models, and includes extensive documentation, tutorials, start-up code, and pre-trained models.
- It supports multiple environments including iTHOR, RoboTHOR, and Habitat embodied environments.
- Using AllenAct, researchers can quickly implement a large variety of tasks in the same domain since tasks and environments are decoupled in AllenAct.
- It supports a variety of on-policy algorithms, including PPO, DD-PPO, A2C, Imitation Learning, and DAgger and offline training such as offline IL.
- It is trivial to experiment with different sequences of training routines, which are often the key to successful policies.
- It easily combines various losses while training models (e.g., use an external self-supervised loss while optimizing a PPO loss).
- It brings out of the box support to easily visualize first and third-person views for agents and intermediate model tensors, integrated into Tensorboard.
- It consists of various pre-trained models that can code and set a number of standard Embodied AI tasks.
Asif Razzaq is an AI Journalist and Cofounder of Marktechpost, LLC. He is a visionary, entrepreneur and engineer who aspires to use the power of Artificial Intelligence for good.
Asif's latest venture is the development of an Artificial Intelligence Media Platform (Marktechpost) that will revolutionize how people can find relevant news related to Artificial Intelligence, Data Science and Machine Learning.
Asif was featured by Onalytica in it’s ‘Who’s Who in AI? (Influential Voices & Brands)’ as one of the 'Influential Journalists in AI' (https://onalytica.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Whos-Who-In-AI.pdf). His interview was also featured by Onalytica (https://onalytica.com/blog/posts/interview-with-asif-razzaq/).