Email marketing is one of the essential forms of direct marketing. 52% of US mobile phone owners use their cell phone for checking emails . Here are some vital facts, tips, and tools that I have listed about email marketing as 3T’s: T1, T2, and T3.
T1: Tips and Stats
- 33% of email recipients open email based on email subject line (Convinceandconvert.com).
- Email subject less than ten characters has an open rate of 58%. (Adestra July 2012 Report)
- 64% of people open an email because of the email subject. (Chadwick Martin Bailey)
- Emails sent on Monday have highest ROI (Experian 2012 Q4 Email Benchmark Report)
- Social sharing button in emails increases its click-through rate by 158%. (GetResponse)
- For B2B, the email subject lines having either “money,” “revenue” or “profit” keywords performed the best. (Adestra July 2012 Report) 
T2: Tools for email marketing
- InfusionSoft : Easy to use and fast to incorporate with a CRM. A brilliant automation tool for email marketing.
- GetResponse : A favorite email marketing tool for small businesses. It integrates with Google Docs, Salesforce, etc.
- MailChimp : A straightforward and easy tool for email marketing. It integrates with most of the other marketing software. Easy to track and analyze results with one click. It’s a must-have for any small business that is just starting.
- Aweber : This email marketing tool automatically engages with subscribers and sends autoresponder messages. It is a well-established tool within budget.
- ActiveCampaign : Mobile-friendly signup box and natural segmentation by region, age, gender, etc. It is a combination of email marketing, automation, and CRM. It integrates with third-party software like WordPress. It has the SMS facility for follow up
- ConvertKit : Best for bloggers and LMS businesses. This tool is very fast with some fascinating features like automatically resending emails for unopened email addresses.
- CampaignMonitor : This tool makes your email more personal. It has easy ways for A/B testing, tracking, and social sharing tools.
T3: Trends in email marketing
- Contact list segmentation is a significant factor, and it’s no longer optional.
- Personalise your email according to subscriber’s segment.
- Automate your emails
- Mobile communication is an essential factor so make sure your email content mobile friendly.
- Video integration along with content can boost the open email rate.