Universal Music Group is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMG identifies and develops artists and produces and distributes the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship, UMG fosters the development of services, platforms and business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans.
The UMG Internship Program is designed to provide hands-on experience and exposure to a career in the music entertainment industry. We are currently looking for the next group of interns for the Summer semester to join us at our Santa Monica office. This internship will be working with our Data Science team.
- Research and development of machine learning and statistical models to contribute towards key Data Science projects in the Marketing and A&R verticals.
- Support acquisition and preparation of new data sets for exploratory work, including developing data pipelines.
- Work closely with Data & Analytics product team to research and test new ideas for product features.
- Ad-hoc analysis tasks to support other business units.
- Must be a student currently enrolled at an accredited college or university pursuing their Masters or Doctorate degree
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or similar field
- Knowledge of common Machine Learning techniques
- Confident working in either Python or R
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Exceptional computer, written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to legally work in the United States
Out of State Applicants:
Housing/relocation will NOT be provided by UMG for students applying to internship positions outside of their state of residence.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.